Jun 18, 2012
Catch the Campaign at NAEH 2012 in July!
Every year in July, the Campaign's central staff and many participating communities meet up at the annual conference of the National Alliance to End Homelessness (NAEH) in Washington, DC to celebrate their successes and learn from others in the field. This year is no different, and you won't want to miss it! Here's a preview of just some of the places you can catch the 100,000 Homes Campaign in DC next month (Click here for a print out to take with you to DC!):
100,000 Homes Campaign National Leadership Dinner
Sunday July 15th, Evening
- An invite only appreciation dinner to honor members of the Campaign's national leadership team and thank them for their hard work. We'll also hear from special guest Dan Heath, author of the best-selling book, Switch!
Pre-conference 100,000 Homes Campaign Session with Dan Heath
Monday July 16th, 9-12am
- Why do some big changes happen easily while many small changes prove impossible? The answer hinges on some of the most fascinating findings in psychology. Building on this research, Dan Heath will reveal a simple, 3-part framework that will help you change things in tough times, whether the change you seek is at work, at home, or in society. All of us have things we want to change—in our families, our businesses, and our communities. But where do you start? And don’t people resist change? In this talk, Heath explores some reliable ways to drive successful change—and they are techniques that you can start using today.
Leaving No One Behind: Doing Successful Outreach
Monday July 16th, 4:30pm
- It is difficult to develop a comprehensive system to end homelessness without knowing where people experiencing homelessness are located or how to best serve them. This workshop will discuss how to find households disconnected from the homeless assistance system (including those living in cars, abandoned buildings, etc.) and how to engage them in services in a way that ultimately delivers successful permanent housing outcomes. Performance measurement as it applies to outreach will be an additional focus. This session will be moderated by 100,000 Homes Campaign National Field Organizer Linda Kaufman.
NAEH Awards Dinner and Gala
Tuesday July 17th, Evening
- We can't wait to see who NAEH will honor from government, philanthropy and other fields for their special contributions to ending homelessness. This formal event is open to all conference registrants, so please meet us there!
100,000 Homes Campaign Enrollment Session
Wednesday July 18th, 9:15-10:45am
- Chip and Dan Heath explain in Switch that to "solve bigger, more ambiguous problems, we need to encourage open minds, creativity and hope." Positive emotions are designed to build and broaden our capacity for change and are at the heart of the 100,000 Homes Campaign. Learn everything you ever wanted to know about the 100,000 Homes Campaign and prepare to join the adventure to end homelessness that has already excited and challenged more than 136 communities nationwide!